Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

I'm Glad It's Finally Spring!


 I love these Spring snowstorms that we get in Denver. March is our snowiest month, here, and the snow tends to be nice and wet, so it packs down nicely. Unfortunately, it is harder for the dogs to plow through. I had to clear a runway for my low-slung Oswald. He gets through the powdery stuff, okay, but this heavy stuff is tough for him.


 Once I had shoveled the walk and the drive, I busted out the fat bike for a trip down to Kaladi Brothers. I was happy to have some snow in which to ride the big tires.


 Take a look at my truck, in the background.  I would rather pedal a couple miles for coffee than have to clear all of that snow and ice off of the truck!


I just thought that his was pretty shot. University of Denver...


I zoomed in so that you can see the snow coming down, sideways. The snow on the road was really easy to ride in. I followed the automobile tracks, and it was like riding a groomed snowmobile trail. But, the wind was blowing at about 20 mph across me (from the north), and gusting to 35 or 40...


 Here, you can see the result of all that wind. Visibility was down to about 100 yards, at this point.


I got home, and had to shovel, again. I went ahead and shoveled off the patio, while I was at it. Not sure why, now that I think of it. I was just kind of enjoying the shovel, for some reason.

I think I will spend the rest of the day in the house. I have plenty of stuff to work on; music, reading, writing, eating too much, etc.

x

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM , Blogger katina said...

Oh the glorious spring snow storm

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Certainly looks beautiful, even peaceful, in pictures. But I'm sure that "sideways" snow was difficult in reality!
I love campus' wherever they are. In fact, in the same way others tour big-league stadiums and what-not, I'd like to go on a campus tour someday. So much energy and hope and the architecture is usually something to behold.

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger Pondero said...

Don't forget to make those S24O, or other bicycle adventure, plans while you are encouraged to stay indoors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home