Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Oh, So Veddy Propah...

For some reason, my D&D mufflers just struck me as being too damn loud, on my way home from work, today. So, I swapped back to the stock mufflers, after I got home. It took all of about 10 minutes, from start to finish.

I had forgotten how quiet the stock cans are. I'm sure that the neighbors will appreciate it, come 5:30, tomorrow morning.

I may perform a bafflectomy on the mufflers, later.  I would like just a little bit of rumble, without the full-on thunder of the D&Ds.

x

2 Comments:

At 8:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle drilled holes in his mufflers to make them just a little louder (not through the outside chrome part - through the guts of the muffler parallel to the body of the bike - but you probably realized that). He was pretty happy with the result

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger Jon said...

That's the basic "bafflectomy". My bike has a baffle tube, right at the exit, which has to be removed, as well. Still on the fence about whether I will do it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home