Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, April 07, 2013

Swapping Parts

I finally decided, after a few rides, that my new 29er frame was just a bit taller than I wanted it to be. So, I called my sister up, and had her send me the 29er I had left at her house, which my nephew Sean rides. Sean is taller than I am, and I came up with a plan to swap the parts between our two frames, then send the newer, bigger frame back to him.

  Here is the new frame, with Sean's parts on it. Notice the relationship between the top tube/seat tube junction to the rear tire.

Here is the older frame, with my parts on it.  I have to admit that I am glad to have the frame back, because it has sentimental value, due to the fact that it was my first 29er.

Now, check out the relationship of the top tube/seat post junction to the rear tire on this frame.

The seat is at the same height, here, as it was on the other bike. You can see the insertion mark on the post, which shows the difference in the stand-over height between the two frames.

Now, I just need to get out and ride the darn thing!

x

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM , Blogger Travel Gravel said...

I used to look at that tube relationship as a standard of acceptable geometry. If the top tube wasn't sloping to about the 2:30 position on the rear wheel, it just "looked" wrong. Seems like tons of old Konas were that way, and some Diamond Backs too. I used to look at some pro women racers and think that their 26" bikes, with smaller geometry, looked so much cooler than men's frames. Juli Furtado's bike, and Susan DeMattei's too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home