Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Randomness

Today was laundry day, and grocery day. I hooked up the trailer to the Monster Stumpy, and did my laundry/coffee shop run first.

Afterward, I ate lunch and then went to the grocery store. Here is the load I brought home:

If you embiggen the picture, you may notice that I also stopped by Office Depot and got a new wireless keyboard and mouse set. This was necessary because, last night, I thought that my old hard-wired keyboard looked a little thirsty, so I poured a glass of iced tea into it. Apparently, the keyboard was more of a coffee fan, since it refused to continue its services after being fed iced tea.

Here's the bottom layer of groceries: 17.5 pounds of mutt feed, and 17 pounds of charcoal. The trailer makes loads like this a lot easier to handle, without resorting to driving the truck. (So far, this year, I've driven the truck 126.4 miles.)
-
I saw this in one of the bike racks over at the University of Denver (DU):

In 50 words or less, tell me what happened.
x

10 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I'm guessing the spokes were over tightened, then when one broke, the wheel curled up. Either that or a stray elephant. Any circuses in town lately?

By the way, maybe your keyboard wanted lemon with the iced tea?

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger getinlost said...

Snow. Plow.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Probably the same thing that happened to this bike- http://bikedenton.wordpress.com/

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger mattcook said...

i can tell you what happened with two words: frat guys.

 
At 4:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I poured most of a cup of coffee (keyboards don't really like coffee, either) on Steve's keyboard, his friend Jerry told him to just look at it as a "free pass" to upgrade the keyboard.
Also, I don't think the bike is really bad - it's just drawn that way (by Dali).
--Joy

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Gravity! the force that draws immature college students together.

I feel your pain with the keyboard thing,my last one seemed to have no pallette for a fine micro-brew.

 
At 12:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the same motorholic that did this?:
http://sockpuppet.ca/xray

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn´t you know? This is the latest type of wheel that Target is selling with their bikes. ¨Wheel of the future¨ they´re calling it. It´s flying off the shelves.

 
At 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I am impressed that you've only driven 126 miles all year...I was proud of myself for only driving 200 miles in the past 6 weeks!

 
At 7:10 PM , Blogger Jon said...

It's easier when you hate driving as much as I do. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home