Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The New Snow Bike

Here's the new snow bike, ready to roll. Fixed gear, 36/18, U-brake in the rear, V-brake in the front. Flip-flop wheels with studded tires.

I went with the Mary bars, which I had used on the pink bike, when it was the snow bike.
.
It needs a better seat post and saddle, and I need to finish getting the paint off of it. I think it will look pretty sharp when it's all chrome.
.
I may actually get to use it, tomorrow. It was nice, today, but the snow/rain mix we were supposed to have this afternoon is apparently moving in to the west side of town now (6:00 PM).
.
PS I just put a new post up on The Daily Grind. If you get a Broken Link page when you hit the link in the blogroll to the right, just hit the link to Grinder Bikes, then select the Daily Grind from there. I don't know why , but I get the broken link page on my server.
.
x

7 Comments:

At 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks pretty tough Man, I like it!!

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

It Should really look nice when it's all chromed out.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:04 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I think so, too.

BTW It's a good thing I didn't need it, today. As you can see in the pictures, I forgot to mount the lights on it! Too much time in the shop (or too much carbon monoxide from the kerosene heater)?

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger nick said...

why the need for two blogs, eh? just wondering, loving the vice paint job.

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, this blog is all about me and my life. The other blog will be about the bike business, exclusively.

I just feel that people looking for a bike might not want to know all about my dogs, vacation plans, etc. And, my friends and family might not care what I have for sale at any given time.

Of course, there will be some overlap from time to time.

Changing the website, daily, is a little more work than I want to get into, so blog posts allow me to get info out, quickly.

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger nick said...

gahh see, who wants to know about bikes, anyway? haha just kidding, didnt think about it that way. keep the blogs rollin, though!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home