Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Commuter News

Well, our run of 65 and 70 degrees days seems to have come to a close, and the weather guessers are calling for lower temps and some snow, this week. They don't anticipate any accumulation, but you can never tell around here. The last time we had this forecast, Denver got 6 inches of the white stuff.

So, I may need the snow bike, this week, but it still has a broken spoke. I gotta tell you, I am sick and tired of fixing spokes on that bike. So, I am going to build up a fixed gear bike and transfer the racks and studded tires to it.

This is the bike I'm building:

The frame is all chromed under the paint, and I plan on eventually having the paint off, completely.

In other news, I added some graphics to the ghetto bike:


The lettering is just precut decal letters from the arts and crafts store. I like this particular font, and I've used it on a number of bikes in the past.




So there you have it; the Grinder Jet 0-1. (And, I promise that I will not post any more pictures of this bike for a while!)
x



2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jonny-
Try not to "land" it on the Hudson River!
Snoop

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

I like the orange. It looks suspiciously like Allis Chalmers orange.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home