Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Wind Blows

We have had some really nice temperatures, here in Denver, this last little bit. So far, in 2009, we have had 16 days with high temps of at least 60F. It has made the commute a lot easier than last winter, that's for sure.

But, with those high temps comes a price to pay: Wind. I rode home, yesterday, in 67 degree temperature, against a steady 20 mph headwind, which was gusting to 35 (all according to the Channel 4 weather report).

I was a bit beat, when I got home, so I didn't work on any bikes. I did get the fork and frozen stem out of a late 1960s Raleigh Record. The fork is toast, and has to be trashed. I think I will just put the frame on eBay.

X

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Isn't it amazing what a headwind will do? But get a tailwind and all you notice is how 'easy' bicycling seems.

Wishing you warm tailwinds...

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'll second the wind issue. I rode south from downtown Denver to C-470 3 days this week due to the nice temperatures and favorable wind. I'm referring to Tuesday as having a singlespeed PERFECT TAILWIND. Enough wind to push me along, but not enough to make me completely spin out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home