Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Wotta Week!

ENO hub in the rear wheel

KInda slow, at work, and tired all over. I finally hit the "wall" on Wednesday night, and crashed out at 7:00 PM. I really didn't get a whole lot done, all week.

One thing I did manage was to get the wheels ready for a fixed gear Cannondale mountain bike I am building up for a fellow. He brought me the bike to convert, and decided that he wanted black wheels. Of course, the frame has vertical dropouts, necessitating the use of an ENO eccentric rear hub.

So, I ordered in a set of Deore disc-hubbed wheels, in black, with the plan of disassembling the rear wheel and rebuilding it around the ENO. I just had a feeling, looking at the two hubs, that they would require the same spoke lengths (meaning that I could reuse the original spokes and not have to buy more).

I did the spoke calcs, and the two hubs required spokes within 0.1mm of being the exact same length. So, last night, I rebuilt the rear wheel, and trued and tensioned the front. They came out pretty nice. Now, I'm just waiting to get the frame back from the powdercoater.
I also built up a Barracuda commuter mountain bike for a customer. Hopefully, it will go home this weekend. (Pics later.)
x

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM , Blogger Phatatude said...

stop teasing! we need picts!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Patience, Grasshopper.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home