Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Panniers Are Here!

I just set them on the rack to get an idea how they will look on the Clubman. In opinion, they look cracking good! (Click pictures for embiggening.)

They are quite voluminous. I should have put the handlebar bag on, as well, to see how it visually balances the bike, fore and aft. Maybe I'll do that, tomorrow.

I am ultra-impressed with the quality of construction, and the heavy duty materials these bags are made of. I can see them lasting through decades of constant use. Weight-weenies should steer clear of them, though.


I will definitely be sourcing up some rims, this weekend, so that I can then size the spokes. I am very anxious, now, to get this bike on the road. Then, I will don my woolen knickers and sweater, pull up my knee socks and Bob's your uncle! British-style touring at it's finest.
x

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Vintage look!

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger takewrning said...

I can honestly say I hate my Basil bags. After a month they wore poorly such that if not totally loaded, bend into the spokes frequently. So the corners are all ripped up. I'm interested in watching yours wear. I love their look, I really hope they work out.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Jon said...

That's interesting. I've only read good reviews of them. I will definitely keep an eye on that.

I've had that problem with my nylon bags, and I've considered adding an extra support piece to the racks on my bikes. That may be the answer if it happens with these.

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger katina said...

jolly good fun!

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Those panniers look fantastic, and the bike is looking better by the day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home