Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two Hundred

Today was my 200th round trip, commuting by bike, since I started the May-to-May challenge. Two hundred trips by bike, zero by motor vehicle.

Those who read this blog regularly may recall that on my 100th day, I was backed into by a car while waiting at a stop-sign. No such excitement today.

Although, it was a little breezy, on the way home. According to the weather guys, the wind was blowing from the SSW (the direction I ride home, so it was a pretty direct headwind) at 36 mph, gusting to 45. I almost ground to a halt, in a couple of places.

But, the sun was shining, and the temp was 76 F. So, no complaints from me.

Rain and snow, with highs in the 40s are predicted for the next couple of days.

Spring.

x

3 Comments:

At 9:25 PM , Blogger katina said...

man, you're so close...

 
At 5:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go BOY!
You are proving it can be done just about anywhere, even in the state of Colorado. Just think of the environmental impact you AREN'T making :) How much gas do you think you have saved?

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I figure I would have used about 250 gallons, commuting, in the past year, if I used my truck, or about 150 using the truck and motorcycle as I usually do.

That's not counting the gas I've saved running errands on the bike, of course.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home