Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, April 25, 2008

You Say Bicycle...


I say Tow Truck. (Click photo for BIG.)
The next time someone says that you don't need so many bikes, since you can only ride one at a time, you can correct them. It's possible to ride at least two, at once.
I had worked on this HardRock and needed to get it back to its owner, at work, today and she couldn't come pick it up. So, I mounted one of those bolt-in truck-bed fork clamps onto my Blackburn rack and did the Beverly Hillbillies thing.

I was a little worried about it, but it actually wasn't too bad of a ride. I left a little early and took it slow, and got to work with no problems.
I ran some straps from the grips of the HardRock to the frame of the Miami Vice bike, just in case the fork worked it way loose, or something. Didn't need them, but better safe than whatever.
My trick knee, which did its one and only trick last Friday and won't let me walk up stairs without a lot of theatrics, even felt okay pulling the extra weight. As the day went by, however, it got more and more sore. By the time I headed home, I was walking with a limp, again, and accellerating the bike from stops using just my right leg, until I got rolling.
The knee is just going to have to hurt. Thursday of next week (!) will mark my one year of exclusively bike commuting to work. So, I'm not going to stay off the bike just because of a sore knee.
You don't have to be crazy...
x

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Blogger katina said...

Sure, you don't HAVE to be crazy...but it's just so much more fun to BE crazy.

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Damn straight, sister.

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Brad said...

“Never give succor to the mentally ill; it is a bottomless pit.”

William S. Burroughs

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger Phatatude said...

you ever see the Aerosmith album cover "Pump" ? I always wondered where baby bikes came from...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home