Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Mukluk Is No More

Riding into the proverbial sunset...

I sent the Mukluk home with a new owner, this evening. Only the second person to respond to my ad, the fellow who bought it plans to use it as a back-country hunting rig, this winter

 He didn't want the Surly Open Bar, so I swapped out a flat bar and let him keep the pedals. The bar cost me more than the pedals, so I actually came out ahead on that. I have plans for that bar, now, anyway...

I hated to get rid of the rig. It is an awfully cool bike, but I recently bought a second Gibson guitar to use in the band, and I really didn't have the money. So, I figure this was, essentially, a trade of the bike for the guitar.

I will replace the bike, eventually, with something similar but different, if all goes according to plan. But, when does that ever happen?

x

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Must have been hard to watch that go, Jon. I remember your posts about getting it and the transition from that "Florida beach bicycle" to the Mukluk. While I am teaching myself harmonica I am not very musically inclined but appreciate your passion for instruments and the love you express for your gigs. Hope all continues well.
~ Wilson

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Sometimes, choosing between bikes and guitars (and motorcycles) is a lot like choosing a favorite child. You probably have one, but you don't want them to know that (or admit it to yourself, either).

The bottom line is that I can always put together another bike that I will be happy with, but I have learned that I need to invest in quality guitars to get the sound I want for the band.

There may be a whole blog post in that, actually...

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger RANTWICK said...

I know I'm kinda late, but:

NOOOOOOO! No more vicarious Fatness! Gibson though, huh? Damn.

Process complete. I'm good again.

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Jon said...

@Rantwick: stay tuned. More fat to come...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home