Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Oh, Snap!

I was riding to work, yesterday, on icy, rutted streets, when I heard a "SNAP" sound as I went over the railroad tracks close to the lab. I looked around, only to see half of my rear fender sliding along behind me. I don't bolt the lower end of trhe fender to the frame, on the fixed gear mtb, because I
like to have it semi-quick-release.

I turned around and retrieved the piece of fender, then continued on to work.



This is what the remaining half of the fender looked like, when I got to work.

Later in the day, I decided to make a temporary repair to the fender, so that I would have it for the wet, slushy, ride home.


A little box tape, some copper wire and a wire twist-tie got the two pieces pieces mated up, pretty well.




Unfortunately, it works so well that I will probably never actually repair it, for real. I have a bad habit of leaving well enough alone, in cases like this...

x

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM , Blogger katina said...

Hey man, if it ain't baroque, don't fix it. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home