Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Adventures In Bike Commuting

I have a nine mile route that I ride on my homeward commute from work.  From about mile 4 to mile 7, today, this was what I was riding in.


That was the first hailstorm I have gotten caught in, in quite a while. It was an appropriate end to a rainy, wet week of bicycle commuting. I was a bit soggy, and more than a little chilled by the time I got to the house.

Fun ride, though...

x

4 Comments:

At 5:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 85 degrees here in Ohio.--FRANKENBIKER

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Wilson said...

I see your Brooks saddle there. The reason I have yet to get one is because of weather like that. I worry that it will get ruined. Is it difficult to keep it clean and conditioned?

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger G.E. said...

To Wilson... though the question was not directed at me, I will say that I've had my Brooks saddle on one of my bikes for about 3 years now and it's been through snow, rain, hail, etc, and I haven't had any issues. I do condition it a couple times a year, and of course the leather does show wear-signs just from every day use, but it hasn't degraded the saddle thus far. I'm sure after many years of riding in wet weather there may be some issues, but I wouldn't let weather deter you from a great saddle. :O)

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I agree fully with G.E. I actually even have the Brooks saddles on my mountain bikes and, with a moderate amount of maintenance they stay in fine shape.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home