Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, June 24, 2013

All My Gloving...

How do you go from this...



to this...?

Ten thousand miles of motorcycling and bicycling will do the trick.

The goatskin Petzl Cordex Belay Gloves have been my favorites, ever since I got my first pair, 4 years ago. I biked in them, a lot, for a while (and still do, quite a bit), plus they are my go-to glove for summer and spring/fall motorcycling. I wear a glove liner under them, if the temps are in the 40s or 50s.

I actually like the "lived in" look of the old pair, but the leather is wearing thin (there is a hole in the middle finger of the left glove, from working the clutch), so I don't think that they would afford much protection in a crash.

So, I got some fresh new ones at REI, the other day.  Soon, they will show the wear and tear of well-used, well-loved equipment (what Grant Petersen call "beausage" - beauty from usage), just like the others.

x

5 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Blogger Travel Gravel said...

Jon, Did you comment on my blog to email you, or is there someone trying to get my email? Just checking.

 
At 6:33 PM , Blogger RANTWICK said...

Ah, the beausage thing was new to me... one of my favourite cycles is showing quite a lot of it lately. At what point does beausage become abeausage?

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Jon said...

@Travel Gravel: Yes, that was me.

 
At 6:58 AM , Blogger Jon said...

@Rantwick: Maybe when you start to "relic" your bike, on purpose...?

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger katina said...

my garden gloves get that look within months...which is why I don't even bother...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home