Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Randomness

I only rode the bicycle to work on one day, this week.  I enjoyed that ride, a lot, but I really needed to get home early on the other days, so I took the motorcycle.  After four and a half years of planning my life around the bike commute, it feels odd, almost like I am doing something wrong, to plan my bike commutes around my life.

As an aside, the Foss tubes are holding air, just fine.  As a matter of fact, I haven't added any air to them since the first time I checked them, two weeks ago, though I will probably need to top them off before I ride the bike, again.   Not too shabby, for a relatively low-volume tire (26x1.35").

I forgot to mention, in last Sunday's post about my mountain bike ride, that the long-cage XT derailleur worked perfectly on the ride.  The shifting is 100% better on the Ti bike, with that derailleur, than it was with the medium-cage XTR.  I'm thinking that the shorter cage might be fine for a 2-by setup, but I prefer to have 3 chainrings, so I will not be using the XTR on any of my mountain bikes.  Maybe if I set up a cross bike...

I am in full-on obsessive mode about my music project.  I have my doubts about the project getting funded, which is disappointing me for a number of reasons...

I have been refining the arrangements of the songs and working on smoothing out my vocals, every day.  I have a drummer who wants to participate, but we have yet to get together and see how it goes.  He has a copy of my rough demo cd, and seems excited to about it, but he is already in two bands and finding practice time is probably going to be a challenge.

This all makes me wish that Shawn still lived in the Denver area!

The guitar from eBay has been repaired.  In addition to the physical damage from being shipped incorrectly, the wiring was completely jacked up and did not work.  Brian, at Del Toro Guitars reset the neck, rewired the pickups, replaced the pots and input jack, and just generally restored the guitar to nice, playable condition.  The pickups, themselves, are nothing to get excited about and I may replace them, down the road.  Right now, I am playing it mostly as an acoustic, sitting in the porch swing...

I have rabbits living in the bushes on the north side of the front yard.  They are driving Oswald nuts, hopping around in the front yard as he watches through the glass storm-door.  Jack seems to just ignore them.

Not a whole going on, around here...

x

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM , Blogger katina said...

And we miss you too! I don't think I remembered to post anything about it, but Shawn built himself a new drumset a while back. And he's more recently been buying up some mixing and/or recording equipment. yeah, it really is just too bad we live in different states...

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I like playing with Shawn. He's so good that he makes me sound almost decent.

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

That is one eclectic post. A little bit of everything. Love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home