Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I made a little change to the Scrambler, the other day...


Can you spot it?


I removed the chintzy cheap plastic name plates from the tank, and replaced them with chintzy cheap metallic gold decals.  Those plastic name plates have bothered me since I got the bike, so I finally did something about it.

I like the decals a lot better.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM , Blogger Khal said...

The decals look nice.

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Why would Triumph use plastic instead of decals in the first place?

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger Jon said...

My 2003 Thruxton, and all of the Bonneville-based models up until (I think) 2009 had bolted-on chromed metal name plates. I suppose that going to the stick-on faux-chrome version was a cost-cutting move.

I guess Triumph thinks that people expect the name plate, but I just think that the new ones are too fake. So, I went with the decals, which I like better, anyway.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home