Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Awesome Job!

I got home, this afternoon, to this box waiting on my front step:

That's a Size Medium glove, for scale.

I opened it up, and this is what I saw:


No packing peanuts...no wadded up paper...just the tiny little box with a WTB headset inside it.

I'm thinking that the mail room could have saved a little postage by putting this in a smaller box, or a padded envelope.   (Or they could have put something to keep the headset from rattling around inside the shipping carton.)

Oh, well...I guess they felt that they had to justify the $6.00 shipping, somehow!

x

7 Comments:

At 6:00 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Nothing like craftsmanship.

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Heh. Amazon really tends toward over-packing, though I think they are getting better about it.

Looking forward to seeing the bike all built up!

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Wow. Now THAT is odd!

 
At 4:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We (really, Steve) ordered laptop computers for the boys for Christmas. They both came from the same place, but each came in its own 3 foot by 3 foor by almost 2 foot box. When they were delivered, all I could think was "how big do they think my kids' laps are"?
--Joy

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

Good thing you didn't order rims or something like that. It would have been arriving in a refrigerator sized box.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger katina said...

HA! I love it! We routinely think the same thing...though I don't think it's ever been quite so pronounced.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger adventure! said...

As someone who worked in packing/shipping/mailing/mailbox stores for a few years (like UPS Store/Mailboxes Etc.) that has to be the most asinine packing job I've ever seen. If anything that type of packing will do more damage, since the small box will freely rattle around with nothing to stop it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home