Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, January 09, 2012

Winter! Bah!

I have had a cold for about 6 days, now.  I am a lot better, but not quite "well", at this point.  Because of that, I really don't feel like riding a bicycle.  So, it was somewhat annoying when it snowed, Saturday night.  I wasn't sure if the roads would be clear enough to ride the motorbike to work, today.

Luckily, the roads were okay.  There was a bit of ice on the street leaving my neighborhood, and some patches on the frontage road along I-70, as well as one nice big patch of inch-thick ice below the overpass, on Holly.

The worst conditions, though, were in our parking lot, at work.


This is the view across the lot, looking at my bike from the perspective of my normal parking spot.  Apparently, our snow-removal company didn't bother to come out, so the shady side of the lot still had two inches of snow on it, this morning.  By the time I snapped this shot, the cars driving through had compressed the snow into ice.  It was pretty treacherous to walk on, so I really didn't want to ride the Scrambler on it.

There was still a bit of ice in the shady spots on the road, as I came home.  But, it was pretty rideable.  I got home with no problems, in any case.

I'll be glad when Spring comes...

x

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always glad when spring comes!
-Joy

 
At 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The daffodils are coming up in Ohio, nature is really confused this winter.--frankenbiker

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home