Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

The Scrambler Gets Some Love

I bought some Progressive Shocks for the Scrambler, a while back.  Today, I finally got around to installing them.

I don't have a motorcycle lift (yet), so I used my swingarm stand to lift the bike, then I placed those asphalt paver blocks under the frame.  I put a piece of plywood between the top block and the frame, then pulled the swingarm stand out.  That took the weight off of the rear wheel so that I could remove the stock shocks and replace them with the Progressives.

This is one of the stock shocks.  The damping on these leaves a bit to be desired, and that is why I replaced them.  I went with the stock length, on the replacements, so the stance of the bike is unchanged.

The black body of the Progressive shocks looks cool next to the black swingarm.   And, the nitrogen gas-charged body should provide better damping on bumpy dirt-road conditions.



It's a subtle difference, visually, but I like the look of the new shocks.  Riding around the neighborhood, I don't feel any difference in the ride.  But, with a load of camping equipment on the bike, out on the road, I expect the bike to behave a little more nicely.



While I had the motorbike and the fat bike both in the drive, I just had to do a comparison of the tire sizes between the two bikes.  The rear motorbike tire wins, size-wise, but the front fat bike tire appears wider than the front tire on the Triumph!

I am still quite amused by the new fat bike.

x

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just noticed the "13" on the Scrambler's side plate. Pretty Cool.
--Joy

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Thanks. Hand-painted by your little brother...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home