Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

First Snow

We are supposed to have 3 to 6 inches of snow on the ground, by the time I go to work, tomorrow morning.  It was 80 degrees, two days ago, and 55 degrees, today.

Fall, in Colorado.

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I swapped the studded tires onto the fixed gear commuter.  Then, I made sure all of my necessaries were in the panniers, and hooked the charger up to the headlight.  The replaceable batteries in the flashing headlight and the rear blinky check out.  Once I had the bar-mitts strapped on, I was prepared.

I rode the motorbike to work, today, just because I probably won't get to for the rest of the week.  Tomorrow morning (and afternoon, if we get the total of 12" of snow they are predicting) should be fun.

Of course, the temperature is supposed to be in the mid-60s, this weekend...

x

3 Comments:

At 10:32 PM , Blogger RANTWICK said...

Cool. Way to ride in winter. I REALLY need to get to work on the old winter bike... it needs attention and time is seriously running out.

Enjoy those days when there's fresh snow without any buildup... I love those.

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger Steve A said...

In the meantime, Salt Lake City is still forecast to remain balmy until after I have departed. I miss snow!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

ugh. We're just going to get cold, cold rain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home