Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oops!

I got about a mile away from the house, this morning, and realized that I wasn't wearing my helmet. Now, I don't wear a helmet 100 percent of the time, bit I do wear it when commuting.

There are a couple reasons why I commute with a lid on, but it's mainly just a PR move. People along the route, whether drivers or pedestrians, seem to think of the helmet as a sign of responsibility. Or, at least, it seems to be that way.

I didn't even have on a hat or cap.

Usually, if I am sans helmet I will be sporting a chapeau of some sort. The 65 degree temperature, this morning, probably factored in on my not noticing a total lack of headwear. I did't feel the chill on my balding pate until I was heading downhill on Dahlia.

I didn't want to turn around and go back for it, so I just rode on to work with no helmet. I'll wear my "work.hat" home, just so I don't feel so conspicuous

X

5 Comments:

At 5:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing the other day, but I went back for mine. I was running errands, including going by the elem. school (Sean forgot his glasses) and the pre school (to candle eggs), so I wanted to be a "good example."
-Joy

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, Crazy Uncle Jon probably isn't the best at being a "good example". I often wonder just how my behavior would change if I did have kiddies at home.

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous ChasingThe Break said...

Believe me, having kidlettes waiting for you back at the homestead makes all the difference in the world. While I'm comfortable with taking risks where the consequence affects only me, I can't deny my child a father just because I like to feel with wind whipping through my once lucious locks.

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

So, did you die or get permanent brain damage? Make up for it by wearing the helmet when you take a shower tomorrow morning...

 
At 3:53 AM , Anonymous susan said...

For next time you feel going helmetless you could try a Rocket Fuel Cycling cap. It won't save your head but it will make you look more stylish.
http://www.rocketfuel.net.au

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home