Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How 'Bout That Weather?

I got up, this morning, and really wasn't in a good frame of mind about the ride to work. This was Day 3 of riding on studded tires, in "cold" temperatures. Thirty two degrees is actually pretty warm for 5:45 A.M., in January. But still, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Then, I turned on the tv and heard the weather forecast for Minneapolis. The forecasted high?

Six degrees below zero!

So, basically I just told myself to STFU and get on the bike.

Of course, it turned out to be a really nice morning for a ride. But; aren't they all?

x

7 Comments:

At 6:19 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I woke up and looked at my outdoor theremometer reading to see -10 F,the news says the wind chill is in the -20's.I am so glad I am working from home.

I'll just drink my coffee and sit by the fire today.For a second I thought I might actually go out and do something,but sanity took over.

This is the coldest day here in Ohio since Feb.1994, when we had -27f actual temp.

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I don't think I ever saw the temps below zero when I lived outside of Columbus (windchill, yes). Even moderately cold temperatures there seem colder than they do here in Denver. It's probably tghe humidity, or something.

Anyway, stay inside and keep warm.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Where did you live near Columbus?Just Curious I have friends in Westerville

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Jon said...

I lived in Pataskala (east of Reynoldsburg) from 1989 to 19993, then moved to Colorado.

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Jon said...

1993, that is.

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Temps in the low 30's for a high today,that ought to feel downright balmy.LOL!

Wow! So you'll still be be riding 18,000 years into the future? COOL!!! Just kidding, I just thought it was a little funny.Of course I have a strange sense of humor.

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger nick said...

yea. we had this thursday and friday off of school because of the weather (appleton, wi). wind chill levels in the -20's thurs and as low as -30's friday (they actually cancelled school at 9 pm THURSDAY). 'twas good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home