Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Ties That Bind

When the weather turned cold, this past fall, I started wearing wool sweaters (mostly from the thrift store) when riding my bike. Recently, I decided that I would start wearing a shirt and tie under my wool sweaters. I like the look, and it falls into the "Gentleman Cyclist" mode that I attempt to follow.

Oddly, this little change in attire has resulted in a lot of attention at the coffee shop, and elsewhere. I have finally come up with a "reason" for wearing the tie, for those who need a reason:

Every day at work, I wear brown pants and a black t-shirt. On the weekends I like to wear something to different. It is the same (though opposite) as how someone who wears a tie to work every day generally wants to wear a t-shirt on the weekends.

The weather will turn warm, again, and I will go back to riding in t-shirts and shorts (or rolled-up pants), just because the heat makes a buttoned shirt and tie a bit uncomfortable. Until then, I'm enjoying the "1930s casual" look.

x

5 Comments:

At 10:23 PM , Blogger katina said...

well, that explains your old-timey self portrait.

also, I like the 1930's casual look.

 
At 4:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the look, too - a bit Wright Brothers-ish. Sean says the hat is cool - and Sean knows hats!
-Joy

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking sharp!

 
At 9:27 AM , Blogger getinlost said...

That look is good, but still would be better on an Ordinary.

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

I have to agree with Sean that the hat is a great addition!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home