Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Smiling, Today

As I came to a halt at the intersection of Dahlia and Florida Avenue, this morning, I could hear a car coming up Dahlia behind me. I was in the right lane, which is also the through lane, waiting for the light to turn green before going straight on down Dahlia.

I glanced over my shoulder, as the car pulled to a halt behind me, and saw that the right turn signal was blinking. I lifted the bike up and stepped to the left side of the lane so that the car could go ahead and turn right on red.

As she pulled up beside me, the lady driving the car rolled down her window.

"Thank you, so much," she said.

"No problem," I replied.

"Have a great morning," she called out, as she started her turn.

"You, too."

I smiled all the way to work, and I am still smiling while I recall this. Isn't it amazing how far a little courtesy and consideration can go?

3 Comments:

At 2:44 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Excellent. I love friendly exchanges with other road users such as that one. They don't happen often enough.

 
At 4:36 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I am so glad to hear about positive experiences between cyclists and motorists.I always try to be courteous to drivers,I realize that I am slower than them and may be holding them up in certain situations.A little cortesy goes a long way for both sides.It woulld be awesome if more people-- drivers and cyclists would be that nice.Keep smilin' Jon, it seems to be workin'!Meanwhile, I'll do the same out here and maybe more people will get the hint and join in the nicety--if that's even a word.

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Karl E said...

I frickin love this story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home