Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

New Links, Cameras, Etc.

I added a couple of new links to the sidebar. Up In Alaska is the blog of Jill Homer, a journalist/bicyclist whose entries are worth looking at for just he photography. The fact that her prose is clear, lucid and entertaining is a plus.

Jill did the Iditabike race, last year, and is planning on a return.

Yehuda Moon is a comic about two bike shop owners, one a roadie and the other a transportational cyclist. They bought the shop when the original owner, Fred, was killed by a hit and run driver as he rode his bike along the street. Fred periodically returns and speaks to them, Shakers build the bike frames they sell and, well...Just read it, if you don't, already. Start at the beginning and get caught up.

In other news: I sent my camera back to Nikon about a month ago. This week, I finally emailed them to see what is going on. Good news is that the camera is covered under warranty. Bad news is that they are "waiting on parts which are expected to arrive on December 2". At that point they will "try to get your product back to you as soon as possible."

I wish that the camera business was more like the cell phone business. When my cell phone went bad, earlier this year, I just rode over to the Verizon store, handed them the bad phone and got a new (reconditioned) one in return. No waiting for repairs/parts/shipping. In and out in 20 minutes. I'd gladly take a reconditioned camera rather than wait 6 to 8 weeks to get mine back.

Oh, well.

I pulled the trailer over to the laudromat, this morning, using the Voyager. On the way, my rear tire started losing air. I managed to get to the laundromat before the tire went completely flat.

I put the clothes in the wash, then went outside to fix the flat. I removed the tube, pumped a bit of air into it, and checked to see where the leak was. I found it pretty quickly; a small cut in the rubber, at the edge of a nice clear impression of the shape of a ziptie.

I looked in the tire and, sure enough, there was a ziptie lying in it. I guess it got knocked off of my bench while the tire was leaning against it, or something. I'm just glad the tube chose today to go flat, rather than on a work day during my commute!

x

2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

those pesky zip-ties, they always getting into places that they don't belong!!!

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

It does suck that you have to wait so long for your camera. I went through something similar earlier this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home