Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Work In Progress

I recently acquired another DiamondBack Voyager II. I had one ten years ago, which was the basis of one of my all-time favorite bikes (and probably my favorite ever mountainbike). The one I had ten years ago was stolen out of my truck, one night.

I had built it up with Cook Bros. cranks, a Ti bottom bracket, American Classic hubs, etc, and it weighed in at an ounce or two over 23 pounds! I still miss that bike, and I'm still mad that it got stolen.

Anyway, I bought this one off of Craigslist, for cheap, and decided to build something fun from it. So, out came the Midge bars. I am canniballizing the TREK STP for parts. It will eventually get the XT crankset from the TREK, as well as the brakes and wheels.

I stuck the Frankenseat on it until I come up with another one in better shape, and I'm not sure what I'll do about the fork. I may put the Manitou Black from the TREK on it, or I may go rigid. I haven't really decided. For now, the one that's on there serves the purpose of connecting the wheel to the frame.

I'm thinking that this may become the "winter bike", and I might retire the Pink Bike (at least temporarily) from the rigors of commuting and grocery shopping.


x

2 Comments:

At 5:14 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

That looks like a fun bike! Love the curving double top tube, and those bars are awesome.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Gonterian said...

Hey it's Gonter from Fixed Impressions. I'm ready to add galleries and they will be custom for each person or bike. You can send me flickr or similar links or email med-low res stuff. Maybe a little description about the rider, history of bike, why it's unique...etc...a pic of you would be nice too.


JG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home