Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Super-secret Skunkworks Bike Project #2

A while back, I modified a mountain bike frame, for Brad, to reflect the vintage "camel back" frame style. Unfortunately, I had a little problem controlling the heat of my torch, and the downtube ended up with a crack in it.

I figured out the problem with the torch, and fixed it. So, here is Version 2.0 of Brad's soon-to-be cafe bike/path racer frame. No cracks, this time, so the next step is to remove the derailleur hanger and excess frame fittings, then strip and paint.

It's destined to be a freewheel (with a fixed on the flip side), upright bar all-rounder. Should be cool.

I like these bikes that are as much of an art project as transportation.

x

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM , Blogger katina said...

mmmmm, art that requires a blowtorch...

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Finestkind.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Wow, that is an awesome-looking bike. That's going to be a real attention-getter. Definitely needs the paint job, although I find it particularly mind-bending to see a Specialized bike that looks like that. Maybe you can put Specialized decals back on after the paint job?

 
At 6:58 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

I would paint it with a retro scallopedpaint job in gloss black,with the headtube silver flowing into silver scallops along the two top tubes and the downtube outlined in bright red.Hey, that's just me though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home