Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Finished a Nice Build, Today


I completed the build on this early 90s Cannondale mountain bike with an ENO flip-flop hub, this afternoon. It was powdercoated flat black, and runs a really cool new single chainring Stronglight crank. The 2.1 Continental Town and Country tires give it a pretty purposeful look, mounted on Sun Rhino Lite rims.
Its owner picked it up, today. This is the second ENO-equipped C-dale I've built up, in the past year.
x

5 Comments:

At 6:32 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Lord Vader,your Cannondale is ready.Wow that one couldn't be much darker,nice ride.

 
At 8:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Canny's have an affinity for looking cool! Not sure if it's the fat downtube or what, but they just kick *ss.
I don't want to ask you to give away any secrets, but is it hard to do that on Vert drops?

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, I used the ENO concentric hub, because of the vertical dropouts.

I agree, though. The older Cannondale mountain bikes just look burly as all hell.

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Cool bike! My mountain bike is flat black too and I like the look. I'm not a single speed guy, but that looks like a stiff gear ratio, no?

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Jon said...

It's deceiving. A 52 ring with a 22 cog gives you a 61.5 inch gear. Flip flop fixed/free, great around-town bike.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home