Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I'm Back! Didja Miss Me?

What I did on my Memorial Day Vacation:

(Click pictures for bigness.)


This gate is a bit over 5 feet wide. Quite a handful to build and hang, by myself.


You can't see all 58 feet of this portion, because the metal building is in the way. Close to 250 slats, with six screws apiece. Treated 2x4 stringers, 8 feet on center, connect the 4x4 treated posts, set in concrete. Took me about a day and a half to get all of this up, once the concrete had set around the posts.


This little piece was a pain in the neck, because each end is on an angle.


Randy C. came over and helped me with this gate, on Monday. It was a heck of a lot easier than the first gate.

I uncovered about a half-dozen snakes in the course of moving stuff around, while building the fence. That probably explains why I've had no mice problems, this Spring.

Oh, well... I need to go finish building up a nice little Miyata singlespeed road bike.

x

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger katina said...

nice fence.

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Man Jon! That looks great!

Really missing my bikes now. I found a Schwinn the other day for 40 dollars, but it was about 65 cm. Keeping my eyes peeled though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home