Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Missed a Milestone/Busy Weekend

The post about the chrome bike was my 200th post on this blog, and I just completely missed that fact. It's not real important, by any measure, but I like those round numbers.



Got a lot done, this weekend:

Bought some supplies at the welding shop which made my life a bit easier (an extra Acetylene bottle and an Oxy bottle twice as big as my old one, plus some finer gauge brazing rod). I was having a lot of problems with a project I'm working on, due to running out of gas, etc., and this stuff helped me get the job done. I worked on that particular project until 11:00 PM on Thursday night (that's part of the weekend when you have Friday off).





Thursday Night's Project:
Took this KHS I'm building into a scorcher for HBC...



and added the secondary top tube to give it that vintage/retro flava. I sprayed a quick flat black ghetto paint job on it for the photo, but it is going to the powdercoater for a real finish. I will post photos, of course, once it is built up into its final form.

Did laundry... after 3 weeks. 'Nuff said.


Built two bikes: one that was sold, one for HBC's wife.





This is the sold bike, a nice Miyata commuter with a freewheel and fixed-gear set-up on the flipflop hub. It came out really nice.



This is Mrs. Click's Hercules 3-speed. I think it's one of the coolest-looking bikes I've built. HBC and I spent about 8 hours on it, yesterday. Seemed like every piece that went on presented some kind of challenge.


Next up: Grocery shopping! Time to hook up the bike trailer...

x

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Hbc's scorcher looks great with the double top tube,and talk about a classic that three speed is a real eye catcher.Not you everyday ride.It ought to garner some nice comments soon.The weather is finally warming up here in Ohio,and we've been getting some great riding in.The trails are still much to wet and soft for Mtn.biking though.A couple more weeks of 60 degree temps should solve that though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home