Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Stuff

Seventy five degrees when I got home from work, today! Supposed to rain and stay in th 50s, tomorrow, though. Springtime!


I need to get a few things done before I leave for Fruita, on Friday. For instance, I would like to get the TREK built up, and take it with me. I also need to pack. I'll do one tonight, one tomorrow night, I guess.


I put a couple of layers of shellac on the Clubman's leather bar wrap, on Sunday.
(Click for big.)


I'm liking the look of it. Hopefully, the shellac will add a degree of waterproofness and allow the leather to last longer, even with sweaty and/or rainy rides.



I also put some home-cut bullhorns on the F1. I had taken the original bullhorns off, and sold them, then replaced them with a Noah's Arc. I didn't like the Noah's Arc, as it put my hands too close to my knees when climbing, so I went back to this.

Unfortunately, this bar wouldn't fit through the clamp on the original stem, so I had to swap out this Technomic. I'm not sure I like it, but I'll ride it a bit and find out.

I saw 11 bikes, on the way home, today. Further proof that Spring is here.

x











2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

Apparently early spring is shellac time! Nice job, that tape looks excellent. I also noticed a lot of other cyclists today.

 
At 4:34 AM , Blogger Smilin-buddha said...

I love that F1

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home