Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Shine The Light on Me

Daylight Savings Time.



Man, I don't mind losing the hour of sleep. I don't mind having only a 47-hour weekend. But, I do hate having to ride in the dark, again, all the way to work, in the morning.



I especially hate it when something like this happens:




That's my nice, fancy new CygoLite hangingfrom the battery pack by its power cord.

"Did it just pop out of the mount?" you ask.


"Nay, my friend. Behold!"


The mount snapped at the point where the neck for the click-in interface emerges from the body of the mount.

JRA

Yes, I was Just Riding Along, this morning, on the way to work. I was about halfway there, and I saw a lady walking her dog on the street, coming toward me.

"Good morning"s were exchanged, and I swung a little to the right to avoid crowding her dog. That caused me to hit a pothole, which resulted in the damage you see.

I'm sure the manufacturer will replace the mount, but I am a little concerned about it's longevity. I bought this light for the 24 Hours Of Moab, it broke on a Denver city street.

So, how long will it last on the Behind the Rocks trail?

Maybe I'll make an aluminum mount for race time. I'd rather not have to worry about it at 3:00 in the morning, as I hallucinate little elves chasing me through the woods.

In the meantime, I have to rely on my back-up unit, I suppose.

x

10 Comments:

At 6:12 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Jon,

move to Arizona,no daylight savings time there, no snow either.Unfortunatley they STILL have goatheads!!! Guess you can't win them all huh?

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Don't forget the cholla cactus. Lots of sharp, pointy flora in AZ.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger katina said...

haha, woodland elves be chasin' you!

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Rattlesnakes!Don't forget the Rattlesnakes!A snake bite from one of those would make a snake bite on a tube seem like heaven.The five footer on my Dad's front porch last summer had an attitude that made a cholla cactus look like a cute fuzzy bunny,with a woodland elf riding on it's back!Now you know why I stay in Ohio.

 
At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you see woodland elves in Moab they are very very lost

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, well really, if you're seeing Woodland Elves anywhere, the location is probably not what you should be worrying about.

 
At 9:42 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Geez, that is cause for concern indeed. Better come up with something better, even if they do replace it. 24 Hours of Moab sounds awesome, and insane.

 
At 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Woodland Elves. Uhuhhlll.

 
At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well one of my friends was riding along when a girls like fell off her bike. He attempted to dodge it and her and ended up crashing the bike. So I am happy it was only the mount :).

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, that's like having your own water bottle pop out the cage and get under your rear wheel..I saw a guy go down hard, one day, when that happened.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home