Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This Post Blows

I rode to work with a 30 mph headwind, today, which gusted to close to 40 mph according to the TV weather gal. There was one point on the ride where I was giving it all I had...at 6 miles per hour!

At least traffic was not too bad. As a matter of fact, I've noticed that traffic has been lighter than usual, the past couple of days. I don't know why that would be, but the crossings I've made at 17th, 6th, Alameda, and Leetsdale have been pieces of cake, compared to the normal run of things.

I've been leaving work at the same time in the afternoon, when I've noticed this phenomenon, so I don't know what's going on. Not complaining, though; just an observation.

The ride home was a lot less windy than this morning's effort. The wind was mostly from the west, and the houses on the neighborhoods I travel through tend to shelter me a bit from westerly winds. Hopefully, weatherdotcom has it right, and I'll get a tailwind in the morning.

x

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM , Blogger Noah said...

That was yesterday for me. Gusts up to 40 or even higher in some places. All headwind and crosswind, throwing my roadie around like a rag doll. There were a few times I thought I was going to eat it for sure but I managed to keep the shiny side up.

 
At 7:04 PM , Blogger katina said...

yeah, I think we're supposed to be getting gusts of wind up to 40 tonight. But I think tomorrow is supposed to fine, if not cloudy.

 
At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you know that the Coppi corollary to Murphy's law says you never get a tailwind while on a bicycle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home