Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Derriere Chapeau

Katina uses a slightly more earthy, Anglo-Saxon form of the phrase for people like this.


I came home from work, today to find a Pontiac G6 parked in front of my house. It is my belief that the businesses across Iliff Avenue should provide their employees with either adequate parking facilities, or a bus pass, rather than having them park up and down my street.


However, they don't, so I usually have a car or two in front of the house when I get home. No big deal; I have a driveway to park in, so they don't really inconvenience me.


Unless they do this:



I could get my truck out (and, yes, I do occasionally drive the thing), but it would require squeezing up against the neighbor's fence and driving over the curb.

I left a note stuck in the driver's side door which reads, "Please don't block my drive or I will have you towed."

I hope that is plain enough.

Temp Tag #239045F, Expires January 25, 2008, Purchased at Alpine Pontiac, Buick, GMC

x

3 Comments:

At 6:16 PM , Blogger Noah said...

You're nicer than I would have been.

On a side note, I had this old beater Ford Aerostar back in my more testosterone-filled, angst-driven youth. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife) bought it from my parents but it was a genuine beater, and I really enjoyed doing things like boxing retarded double-parkers in with it. 10 years ago, I would have likely backed it up and over the curb, then parked 3mm away from this douche canoe's car before going back inside indefinitely.

Now, I'd probably just have the car towed.

 
At 8:49 AM , Blogger katina said...

psh, and don't start thinking that I coined the phrase "asshat" mostly because I didn't...I think you'd have to talk to Amalah...at least I think she's the one that I got it from.

 
At 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He heh, I had a person park in our driveway in college and (a few years ago of course) I took the old jeep I had and hooked the winch and drug it 60 meters or so into the street then called the PD and the car got a ticket, then towed.

Then last year I had a similar incident at my home during a snow fall and I took the old jeep (different one this time) and drug the truck 10 feet out of the way. Ya gotta love inconsiderate folks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home