Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank You! (Also, Happy Mother's Day!)

Plan B, on my Kickstarter project, has proven successful..  Thanks to some generous pledges, I have exceeded my $750.00 goal by $250.00, so far.  I am hoping that a few more of you may still want to pre-purchase a cd. 

A $10.00  pledge is all it takes.

What kind of music?  I made  rough demo of the songs and distributed a few copies among some friends and acquaintances (and drummers, etc, whom I was trying to get interested in participating).  Dave, down at Kaladi, described it as "sort of a modern take on Delta Blues...but different."

I will play slide on 10 of the tracks, and not on 3 of them.  At least one each of the slide/not-slide songs will be acoustic.  One of them is a bit over the top with distortion and crazy vocals.

The song list is as follows:

Novocaine Blues

Born Loser

Twister

Grave Digger

Hard Rockin'

Martini For You

The Tear Standing in My Eye

Nowhere To Go

Whiskey Is My Friend

Blue Skies, Two Wheels

Rockerarm

Bootlegger's Son

Your Daddy

All of these songs are originals, for the most part autobiographical, and kinda chart the progression of my life as my marriage broke up, and I learned to live on my own and as myself.  Plus, you can do the Twist or the Frug to most of them.  And, there are a couple of slow-dance tunes in there, as well.

Brad is going to be the Art Director for the packaging, and Adam from Kaladi has signed on as drummer.  Who knows...maybe I can hook up with a bass player, as well.

And for all of the moms out there, particularly my own, Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of your children make you proud.

x


2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Good to hear. Congratulations, Jon!

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Woohoo! I'm glad it was funded this time, with a little extra, even. Great news.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home