Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Now I Know How The People at PBS Must Feel

I am not a big fan of self-promotion.  I always feel like I am bothering people, and I don't want to seem to be standing around with my hand out, all of the time.  But, my Kickstarter project deadline for funding is Thursday, and I am not quite halfway there.

If you have been thinking, "Maybe I'll throw him a pledge...", please do it now.  If the amount falls short of the goal, the pledges simply go away.  I am not allowed to pledge to my own project, to make up the shortfall.

It's not a situation where I will just have a smaller budget than I anticipated...I will have no budget.

Will you like the music?  I think many people will (or I wouldn't be trying so hard to get it out there).  Here's a video with a demo of one of the songs.  If you like this, you will like the whole cd.


Share this with your friends.  Maybe they will like it.  Ten bucks for a cd of original songs is not a lot.

Again, if I am bugging you, just don't read the blog this week.  I will likely mention this every time I post, because I am coming down to the wire!

Thank you for your support.

x

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Wilson said...

I enjoyed that.
Hope the fund raising goes well.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Well, thanks. I appreciate that.

The fund-raising is a bust, from the looks of things. On to Plan B, I suppose.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

I'm bummed that the fundraising didn't go through. I hope you find another way. Either way, I'll buy a copy of the album.

I just found out that a musician here successfully funded her album production using Kickstarter, but she was already well-established, with several albums already out, and she plays out all around town, and the surrounding area, constantly. Oh, also, she's a mega-babe, which never hurts ...

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Stay tuned for Plan B, pending approval by the powers that be...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home