Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Friday, February 03, 2012

Weather Luck and New Glasses

I am scheduled to fly to Pennsylvania, today, to go to my nephews' high school musical, this weekend.  Both of the boys are in the play (probably the only time that will happen), so I figured I would just take a long weekend and fly out.

After a week of above-average temps in the high-50s/low-60s, a Winter Storm moved into Colorado, last night.  This is the view from my front door, this morning:

I was originally scheduled to fly out at 8:20, this morning, with a connection in Chicago.  Southwest Airlines sent me a text, yesterday, and advised me to change to a direct flight.  So, now, I leave at 2:25, this afternoon.

In the meantime, the tv weather gal says it is snowing 3 inches per hour, right now.  I am hoping that my new flight doesn't get cancelled...

In the meantime, I picked up my new specs, yesterday:

I was a bit bored with metal frames, so I went with these.

If I have time, I will ride around in the snow on the big fat bike and see how that goes.  But, I haven't packed, or done anything else to get ready for flying, yet, so I may not get to.  I will have to leave fairly early to get to the airport.

Here's hoping my flight goes out on time!

x

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

I dig the glasses. I, too, used to have metal frames but went plastic and I think there's no going back. Much more fun.

Hope your flight goes well, and have fun in PA! I need to get back there, one of these days.

 
At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Sam Times said...

Wow, that snow really looks like hard to walk on. But still, watching your nephews' play is a once in a lifetime event for you and them. And those glasses really looks nice on you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home