Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

News of A General Sort

I can't discuss the details, in a public forum, but there is news on the driver who ran me down.

The District Attorney refused to prosecute the Vehicular Assault charge.  The police did manage to get the guy charged with Careless Driving.  Trial date is April 21.

I am happy that some form of justice might be done.  We'll just have to wait and see how it goes in court.

Until then, I won't be bothering you with this unpleasantness, any further.

Thank you all for your well-wishes and your support.  It has meant a lot to me.

x

4 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger Steve A said...

Hypothetically speaking, civil charges by yourself and/or your insurance company might also be in order. Just saying. A criminal conviction of even a minor charge could bolster those charges SUBSTANTIALLY.

In my experience, I've always found it best to talk to a lawyer early and not need one than to talk to one and find out it is too late. Even if it costs a little money.

[fates]

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Pondero said...

I'm sorry you must continue to relive this nightmare, but admire your efforts from which we all benefit.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

I'm SO glad that something is happening with this. I hope you've healed or are healing well. Looking forward to a future update, and I hope they get a conviction.

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Dave said...

If you need someone to show up at the trial with a torch and pitchfork in case of adverse outcome I'm your man

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home