Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

On a Lighter Note...

I finished up the new snow-bike, yesterday:

I decided that I would like to use the vintage-styled fixed gear for something, rather than have it hanging in the shop building. 


So, it got the wheels and studded tires, rack and fenders, seat and pogies and all the lights from the old snow-bike...

I also took off the old-school Dura-Ace crank with a 45-tooth chainring and replaced it with a Sugino Impel crank, which my buddy Dan gave to me a couple of weeks ago.  It has a 32-tooth ring which, with the 18-tooth cog, gives me about a 50-inch gear.  Low enough for snowy roads, but high enough to get home in a decent time, once the roads melt.

When I first owned this frame, it was a standard Specialized RockHopper from the late 80s, and I used it as a 700c-wheeled commuter.  I modified it and painted it for Brad, then ended up getting it back.

It's one of my favorite commuters, so I might end up changing tires and gearing and using it, sometimes, through the warmer months, as well.

x

1 Comments:

At 2:14 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

What a great-looking bike. I love the double top tube, and those handlebars look sweet too. And the all-black color scheme is quite striking, as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home