Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

How Quickly a Week Goes By

It's been a while since I posted, on this blog.  The daily bike stories make sure that I post something, 7 times a week.  And, I've been posting videos and comments, etc to a cigar box guitar site, as well.  So, Two Wheels has been a bit neglected.

Not that I haven't been working on and riding bikes.  This past weekend, I spent about 18 or 20 hours in the shop.  I got the bike project from hell finished and out the door.  It was nice to get it out of my hair (and to get a few bucks in my pocket).

I went down to Cycle Analyst and picked up some parts for an upcoming personal bike project (more later), and I modified a few existing bikes.

The Soma 415 snow bike was taken out of the fleet.  I rebuilt it as a suspension-forked single-speed (its intended use), with hopes of selling it on Craigslist, this weekend.  I will post it Thursday evening, in hopes that the weekend bike shoppers will see it.

Of course, now that it's built up, I think it's cool and kinda want to keep it.  But, I know it won't get ridden enough to justify keeping it.

I will post pictures of the new snow bike, later.  It's not quite complete, at this time.

I also swapped tires on the Panasonic 26" to 700c conversion.

There was a spot on the 35c knobbies that just kept rubbing the brake caliper, no matter what I did.  Eventually, I just said "screw it" and put these on.  It would be a nice, nimble commuter or light tourer for someone.  I hope that someone sees its potential and buys it.  It is much too nice a frame to go to waste.

I decided that I didn't like the indexed shifters on the Giant monstercross.  So, I replaced them with alloy Sun-Race-Sturmey Archer (all one company, now) friction thumb shifters.

This one is going on the block, as well.  But, I have to admit that it won't break my heart if I end up keeping it.

I have another bike which I am planning on taking to Pa, this summer.  More on that, later.


x

1 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Do you lay awake at night dreaming all this stuff up?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home