Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Rims On the XO-2

All right...I might wait a week, or two, to fix my broken hot water pipe to the shower.  And, I might wait a year to go to the doctor when I'm, having frequent, heavy, nosebleeds.  But, if the XO-2 is broken, I am Jonny-on-the-spot.

The UPS guy dropped the new rims off, yesterday.  I rebuilt the wheels, today.

The bike is back on the road, and I will celebrate by riding it to the coffee shop, tomorrow. 

I decided that the black anodizing on the rims was acceptable.  I might actually replace these wheels, if I come up with some silver versions, just because I prefer silver over black for vintage bikes.   For now, though, they are fine.

Maybe I can avoid breaking these, within the next year, either way.

x

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM , Blogger Pondero said...

Can new rims make coffee taste better? Probably.

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

You've got priorities! Without transportation, you got nuthin'.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Apertome said...

I feel that way about the Trucker, but when it's out of commission, it DOES cause me problems getting around. It's my main transportation ride, and so many other things.

I think the black rims look fine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home