Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vintage Singer 301

I picked this up at a yardsale, recently, as part of a $15.00 package deal:

 It's straight-stitch-only, gear-driven and (according to every website I've checked) "a favorite of quilters".

I love the brass accents...

...and the deco number font.

It seems to work, just fine.  Now, I need to download a manual for it and make note of how to thread it so that I can use it with some thread other than what is already in it!

(This post is dedicated to Myles, at Rat Trap Press.)

x

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Welcome to the club. There's no turning back now.

That is a very nice machine at a great price. As creative as you are, I bet you end up making some cool stuff.

You might have already seen it but here's a video on threading and sewing with the 301.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTjH2R8mTg

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now, I need to download a manual for it and make note of how to thread it so that I can use it with some thread other than what is already in it!"

Or you could ask someone you know that worked with sewing machines for years.

Cool grab!
BC

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home