Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Motorbike Day

 I had a pretty unusual, for me, day, today.  I never even got on a bicycle, but I still went everywhere I went via two wheels.



I got up and jumped on the Trident, first thing this morning, and met Randy at his house.  He jumped on his Moto Guzzi Griso, and we putt-putted over to Common Grounds for coffee and bagels.  Then, we jumped on the cycles and made our way to the Stock Show Complex for The Denver Modernism Show.

The butterfly skull was cool...lots of nice art for sale.

The graphics on this Phillips Manhattan 3-Speed were pretty awesome.  Good thing I was on a motorbike, or I might have brought this home.  It would be handy to ride it down to Poppies whenever I might feel like drinking a Manhattan...

I really wanted these two slot cars, but seventy five bucks for the pair was just a bit more than I wanted to spend.  Like... about $70.00 more than i wanted to spend.

I did pick up a vintage R. Crumb comic (Home Grown Funnies Vol. 1 No. 1, Fifth Printing 1972), a dvd about hot rod clubs and surf music in Denver through the past 60 years (Gears Grease and Guitars), and a couple of other small things.  There was a lot of cool stuff there, and we looked at all of it.

After the show, Randy headed to his house, and I to mine.  Once home, I ate some lunch and worked on some guitars.  I have a lot of projects going, as usual.  Nothing got completed, but progress was made.

Later, I took a ride on the 450, just to charge the battery and keep the gas flowing through the carbs.

Two very different bikes, both fun in their own way.

Ten minutes after I got home on the 450, and took the picture just above, this happened:

Ten minutes after that picture, the sky was clear again and the temperature on the front porch had dropped from 87 to 79 F.

I did finish the day off working on a push-bike (new bell on the commuter, to replace the one which broke), so I at least touched a bicycle, today!

x

6 Comments:

At 8:59 PM , Blogger MELI. said...

i love it when the weather behaves just so insane like that.
that butterfly skull is BEAUTIFULLLL
xxo.m

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Oldfool said...

In Denver I went from the hotel to the cafe one evening for dinner in a short sleeve shirt and jeans. One hour later when I left the cafe there was an inch of snow on the ground. That's just crazy.
The R. Crumb is a find. I have a small collection of 5 or 6 of R. Crumb comics including ZAP #0 and #1, I am an R. Crumb fan. He lives in the south of France now and has a little band I understand.

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

The Butterfly Skull is beautiful,was it a sketch or actual butterflies?It is hard to tell in black and white of you pic?

How is the Honda runnin' after the starter mishap?

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Jon said...

The skull was 3-d, made up of individual little butterflies mounted at various depths behind the glass. It was about 2 inches thick.

The crappy cell-phone picture doesn't show the depth, too well. But, as usual, I had forgotten my camera.

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Jon said...

Oh, and the Honda is running fine. I still don't know what went bad with the starter. I have a new switch to install. maybbe that was it.

If not, I will get a solenoid. If that's niot it, I'll kick-start it forever....

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger katina said...

I miss the temperature drop when it rains. Here's it's like it rains and the temp will maybe drop one degree, but the humidity goes up by 40% so it's a moot point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home