Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Tragic Loss

I received news, today, that one of my best friends from highschool (and through my college years), Taylor Davis, died unexpectedly from a massive heart attack at the age of 48.

I had been out of touch with Taylor for a number of years, and was planning on getting back in touch "one of these days". My sister and I talked about it, while we were at my parents' house in June. But, nothing came of it.

Taylor was smart and funny, played on the tennis team and sang for our little garage band after the rest of us went off to college. I cherish the fun we had recording our really bad music.

I had a "humorous" post planned for today, but I think I'll maintain a day of radio silence in honor of Taylor.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

x

6 Comments:

At 6:42 PM , Blogger Big Oak said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Rat Trap Press said...

Wow, that's terrible. He sounds like he was a pretty cool guy.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Jon said...

He was very cool, and I kick myself for not getting back in touch with him when I could.

If you have someone that you plan on looking "someday"...well, I just suggest that you go ahead and do it.

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger Brad said...

Sad news my friend. Hang in.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Deborah Coble said...

a fitting tribute to a standup guy. I emailed him a week ago, never had time for a reply...sigh

Rest in peace Tay,
deb

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Charles said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Thank God for memories. Stay strong...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home