Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Photos From Saturday's Ride

Ed Dunne emailed me some pictures of the ride we did, last Saturday, and graciously gave me permission to post them, here.

At the beginning of the offroad portion...
Retaining pond on the way up A-Basin...

Too bad the views were so dull.


The road up the hill was smooth, but steep.

I think I am in this picture, off in the distance.


Sorry guys, I'm terrible with names.

Walt, I think...

Chair lift.

More chair lift. Oh, yeah, there's a mountain there, too. (Sorry about the dull captions.)


At the top of the climb, near the offload point of the lift.

More snacking and water-drinking before we start down the other side.

Looking east from the top.

The trail we are about to ride.

About to drop in...

Checking Ed's broken cable. The 650b Stumpy was definitely retro, among this crowd.
Traversing the side of the Montezuma Bowl was a vertiginous experience.

Back down to the treeline...

Rich, in the woods...
x



8 Comments:

At 3:30 AM , Blogger Big Oak said...

You don't need to apologize for the dull captions. With scenery like that, it would matter what the captions said. Great photos and amazing scenery. You lucky dog!

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Wow what a view! The scenenry around here sucks,I have to get out west.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Geez. The scenery's even better than I imagined. All I can say is WOW.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Jon said...

I'll let you guys in on a little secret: This is pretty much why I moved here, 17 years ago. I have yet to get over the "Wow, look at that!" reaction even to places I've visited many times.

It's nice to live in a place that was once your vacation destination.

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger jeff said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a great ride.

 
At 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger katina said...

ah, mountains. I think I remember those.

I may start riding my bike to an from the bus stop to get to work. It's really to participate in some sort of competition with some bike groups at work--it started during 'bike to work' month and our work group team lost by like 5 points. They challenged the group that did win to a rematch and since then 2 of the people on the team have dropped out so they need replacements.

Of course, the worst thing about this is that the challenged team was allowed to the date to begin the challenge. And they chose August 1.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Man, Colorado is ugly. Im just going to stay in Nicaragua. (Not getting medically evacuated)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home