Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Blustery, This Morning

Yet another lunchtime Crackberry post.

The ride in, this morning, resembled the Weather Channel footage of some poor reporter standing outside at the edge of the front left quadrant of a hurricane. The rain was coming down in buckets, and the 25 mph headwind was driving it into me in sheets of moisture resembling breaking waves.

A couple of streets I rode on were flooded from gutter to gutter. I could have kayaked a good bit of the ride in.

Luckily, I decided (at the last minute) to wear my rain pants, along with my winter shell jacket. The pants are from the rainsuit I carry with me on long motorcycle rides, and they are a bit warm for cycling. Today, with the temps in the mid-40s and only forecasted to get to 53F (is it really June?), I was more concerned with avoiding windchill-induced hypothermia than I was with getting sweaty.

The wind slowed me, a bit, and it took 5 extra minutes to get here (38 minutes door to door), but I really enjoyed the ride. There's something about severe weather which turns the normal routine into an adventure.

I just hope that the weather is a bit less entertaining for the 24 Hour race, this Friday and Saturday. There's just so much adventure that I want in one week.

X

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Ahh weather!gotta love it.Hail is the worst on a bicycle,but it's either grin and bear it(or drive?)Nah I'm jus'kiddin'

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home