Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Ghetto Beautification

I had some scraps of self-adhesive vinyl, used to make race numbers for motorcycles, left over from an old project. So, I cut a couple of panels for the Safety Orange Bike (S.O.B.), both for decorative and protective purposes. I like the look of contrasting panels, and I figure the vinyl wrap will prevent a lot of chipping/scratching from leaning the bike against rails, etc.

To carry the ghetto style along, the vinyl wasn't wide enough to fully wrap around the tubes, so I had to scrap a piece in on the downtube, since it is pretty visible. I just left the gap under the top tube. You pretty much have to get under the bike to see it.
I kinda like it. I might actually go get a new sheet of vinyl, and redo it, with a full wrap.
x

6 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger Jerome said...

Looks great!I totally dig your bikes and your blog. Thanks so much for doing this. Cheers.

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger getinlost said...

Here I "tweaked" it for 'ya.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3336/3251566159_22420542a1_b.jpg

I would have sent it but I seem to have misplaced your address.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Jon said...

The address, in anti-spam code:

jjgrinder hat em ess in daht com

I tried the link, but the picture is "unavailable".

 
At 7:49 AM , Blogger Charlotte said...

Looks great and adds a sporty touch. I like it!

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Now it just needs a Grinder Bikes script logo in black on the downtube and the look will be complete.

 
At 9:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*swoon*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home