Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fuji Fixed Gear

I built this Fuji up for my buddy Mark, today. I took the pictures while I was waiting for him to come pick it up. He was bringing the bar tape, so the bars are bare in the photos. I wanted to get the pictures before the sun went down, though.

Pretty basic build, but it came out nice. Twenty-three pounds, with a pretty heavy bottom bracket and a steel seatpost.


I wrapped the bars in the "natural" colored cork tape that Mark brought, then finished it off with hemp twine. Mark may or may not shellac it.

High temperature in Denver is supposed to be 15 degrees F, with some snow coming in, tomorrow. So, I wanted to get the bike to Mark in time that he could at least get a ride in on it before the roads got icy. He's at Washingtom Park putting in some night laps, right now.

x

3 Comments:

At 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I loves me a green roadie. That Fuji paint color looks sweet!! Classy looking bike from Japan. Great job Man! Simple and beautiful. Jeez, I didn't know the vintage Fuji's were that light; They must have used pretty good steel..?

 
At 5:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks really nice and thin, Might look out for one of these!

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Mark, you should shellac that bar tape,it'll look like leather,last longer and go well with the Brooks saddle.Nice looking bike by the way

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home