Two Wheels - Six Strings

Random news and thoughts about various two-wheeled projects and music, especially my band, Skull Full Of Blues.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Face of A Madman

This is me, ariving home from work, today.

When I left the house, this morning, the temperature was hovering around 15 degrees below zero. I dressed for the ride in much the same manner that I dressed yesterday. I was very comfortable, yesterday, when it was one below, but I was a hat shy of comfort this morning.

When I left the lab, this afternoon, the temp had risen to two above zero (our official high, out at DIA). I thought I probably still needed another layer of head protection, so I covered my helmet with an "Old Chicago" plastic bag and packing tape.

Perfect. I was actually pretty comfy all the way home... and stylish, in a dumpster-diving homeless guy sort of way.

I had gotten a late start from the lab, so it was fully dark by the time I got home and the temp had dropped a bit. The protective layer of ice on the whiskers kept my face sheltered from the wind, but apparently frozen in an expression of perpetual surprise.

x

6 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger Noah said...

I'm trying to grow a beard out. I think it'll help. Looks like you had a fun ride!

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger katina said...

hahaha, "Dumpster Chic" I loves it!

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger frankenbiker said...

Ahhh! the icebiker cometh!I covered the holes in my helmet with usps stickers once when the weather became much colder than it was supposed to(big shock),it worked just fine but I pulled out a lot of hair when I took off the helmet.Perhaps the grocery bag duct tape look will become the next item in my winter arsenal.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Apertome said...

Ahh yes, the vagrant chic look. I dig it. The bag also improves your visibility, I'd say.

MAN, that is cold. I think 0 is the coldest I've ridden in. Good work.

I am really missing my commute. Now that I have no "excuse" to get out in bad weather, I usually don't. It somehow seemed a little less insane when I actually had to get to work.

 
At 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Between your startled look and the image of a long-snouted monster to the left of the picture (made of your "breath" and a couple of reflectors or lignts), I hardly noticed the plastic bag headgear.
--J

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Jon said...

Call the Ghost Hunters!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home